Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Ball Of A Time



Above: Videos I took while playing my favourite game, Fifa10, on the WII with my cousin, Bryan.

Talking about holidays, I would like to relive those moments of joy I had last December with my cousin. We had an unforgettable whale of our time!

During his December school holidays, my cousin returned from India for a short visit. It was nearing Christmas and we were disscussing on what we would like for the upcoming and highly anticipated festival. He wanted a WII and I have totally no idea what a WII was initially. A few days later was Christmas and my cousin indeed got a WII as a present from his mother. According to what he described to me, it is a fun gaming gadget that can be connected to the TV for hours of entertaining play. He also told me it worked mainly on sensors and high-tech radiation like 'Bluetooth'.

Short of games? We made a trip down to Tampines One to buy some. There, we got three games. They are Fifa10( a soccer game), Resident Evil: The dark chronicles( a first-person zombie shooting game) and last but not least, Super Smash Brothers Brawl (an animated cartoon fighting game). Fifa10 was definately for me as soccer never fails to captivate me. Then there is the Zombies! - our favourite game since young! So, there is no hesitation in buying it! However, I was not convinced by the cartoon game, going by its childish appearence. My cousin insisted on buying it, basing on his friend's reccommendation. To my surprise it was the most expensive game amongst all our buy. "The more expensive, the higher the quality." Well, that is one gulliable belief I have. So, why not just give it a try? Then after we grabbed the games, we headed quickly for home. (or did we fly back?)

Next, we got down to playing the WII. We were so engrossed and captivated by the WII that I would now conclude that it is the best gaming gadget in the world! My favourite game was Fifa10, just as I thought. Frankly speaking, though I played Super Smash Brothers Brawl over and over again, I did not seem to like it. Though not one who will blow my own trumpet, it just went to show that I was surprisingly good at that game despite my reluctance in playing it initially.

It was boring playing the games repeatedly for more than a million times so we decided to get just one new inspiration. We went back to the same old shop but this time we got a brand new game, for a change. It is called the 'Naruto Shippuuden:Clash of the Ninja 3.' - a Japanese Manga fighting game. Also a reccommendation from my cousin's friend, I personally think it did stand out from the shelves because of its cool graphics. It is also quite a well-known game among my friends. This time I did not doubt it and also think that the cartoon is not as childish as that of Super Smash Brothers Brawl's. Here is a picture of the new game I took when I just grabbed it off the shelves.


I would rate this game six out of ten. It was an average game but still tolerable to play. There were appealing special effects and a large range of characters to choose from.

I enjoyed myself to the extreme and hope to play the WII with my cousin again when he next return. I am also thinking of getting one for myself ! In my opinion, the WII is only fun when there is more than one player. Actually, the more the better! Game enough to come play with me?

Cheers,

Joel

0 comments: