Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Food For Thought

Hey there again!!! Right here I am going share with you my love for SCALLOP CONGEE ...
My grandmother cooks very tasty and mouth-watering congee. The picture above is the one I had for dinner today. I feel congee is a healthy food, with high nutritional value and easily digestable. It can also fill your stomach as carbo from the rice grains is quite substantial. However, the best thing is still that congee is so tasty!!!

To let you into a secret, the SCALLOP CONGEE is a fusion-of-sorts between Teochew "muay" and the congee you usually get in the hawker centre.

As a sportsman, I eat them quite often to keep a healthy diet. The congee I often eat consist of vegetables, meat and my favourite scallop (could be fresh or dried ones) which gives it its sweetness. Sadly, the canteen in my school do not sell congee. I would appreciate if they take into consideration people like me who loves congee.
For those who are still not convinced that congee can be a delicious treat, I hope my post will entice you to at least try out the conventional congee.

From young, my grandmother has cultivated the interest and liking of congee in me by whipping up a good meal and ever since then, I would enjoy every bowl of congee she cooks.
Using this opportunity, I would like to thank my grandmother and let her know that i appreciate her very much.

0 comments: